For every dollar raised at Vetwest in January, we will match it, dollar for dollar to double the contribution to the bushfire relief fund.
In keeping with our commitment to providing care for animals, Vetwest has selected two charities to support the wildlife and animals affected by the fires.
Vets Beyond Borders is an animal charity which deploys volunteer vets, vet nurses and other animal welfare workers to help improve the lives of animals around the world. The animal welfare impacts of the bushfire crisis will be felt for several months, requiring ongoing treatment, care and rehabilitation of the many thousands of animals that will have been affected by the fires. Vets Beyond Borders need help to deliver and provide urgently needed equipment, veterinary supplies and veterinary care for this nationwide animal welfare response. Funds raised will go directly to the Australian Bushfire Crisis.
The International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) is working with local partners to rescue and rehabilitate wildlife impacted by the bushfires. They’re providing desperately needed help such as:
• Off-Road search-and-rescue emergency vehicles
• Deployment of Bear the koala detection dog
• Emergency support for wildlife rehab facilities
• and much more!
How can you help?
- Support your local Vetwest fundraising efforts. Each clinic is holding their own fundraising, see below.
- There are donation tins at all 16 Vetwest Animal Hospitals around Perth. Perfect for offloading any coins or small cash donations.
- We are also able to take larger donations via bank transfer or via card payment at any Vetwest clinic or by calling us.
- If you’re visiting Vetwest in January you’ll have the option to include a donation when finalising your account. All donations are accepted.
- Any fundraising you, your friends or family are doing can be doubled if you contribute to the Vetwest bushfire relief fund.
Vetwest Clinic Fundraising:
- Armadale-Byford: Car wash and sausage sizzle. Sunday 19th of January 9 am – 1 pm. $10 a car wash and $3 for a sausage sizzle. Find out more here.
- Ballajura - contact the clinic for details
- Bibra Lake - Bake Sale - Friday 24th and Saturday 25th of January
- Canning Vale - Doggy Wash fundraising. Saturday 18th of January 9 am - 4 pm. $20 for a nurse to wash your pooch! Call 9404 1166 to make a booking for your dog.
- Carine - contact the clinic for details
- Clarkson - contact the clinic for details
- Cockburn - Cake Sale Jan 14th - 17th at Vetwest Cockburn. Delicious cakes, slices and biscuits available (until they're gone). $1.50 - $4 for amazing (nut-free) cakes that make a difference.
- Currambine - contact the clinic for details
- Ellenbrook - contact the clinic for details
- Mandurah - Doggy Wash fundraising. Saturday 25th of January 9 am - 4 pm. $20 for a nurse to wash your pooch! Call 9404 1190 to make a booking for your dog.
- Midland - contact the clinic for details
- Rockingham - Pet Raffle Fundraiser. $1 a ticket. Find out more here.
- South Perth - Bake Sale. Friday 24th - sunday 26th January. Delicious human and pet treats available plus limited cute animal keyrings available too.
- Wanneroo - Doggy Wash fundraising. Sunday 19th of January from 10 am $20 for a nurse to wash your pooch! Call 9404 1177 to make a booking for your dog.
Bake Sale. Wednesday 29th & Thursday 30th January. Delicious cakes, slices and biscuits available (until they're gone).
- Whitfords - contact the clinic for details
- Yokine - contact the clinic for details
This is a wonderful opportunity to really make a difference for our fellow Australian's and precious wildlife affected by these catastrophic fires. We thank you for contributions.