Attractive remuneration package including:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 4 weeks annual leave
- 1 week study leave
- Generous continuing education support
The role and you
We are seeking an exceptional veterinary surgeon to fulfill this predominantly surgical role at our well equipped, multi-vet practice. This is an exciting opportunity for a keen and competent surgeon to lead the development of their own role. The successful applicant will perform a significant proportion of the orthopaedic and more complex surgical caseload in addition to general surgery. They will be encouraged to play an integral role in the support and development of the veterinary team in relation to surgical recommendations and management of cases.
Although the position is not exclusively surgical at this stage, it has the distinct possibility of becoming so dependent on the individual's level of competency and influence.
Your skill set would need to essentially include the following:
- Competent and efficient with all general surgery, both orthopaedic and soft tissue
- Comfortable with tackling more complex procedures including corrective and oncology cases
- Currently performing a tibial leveling procedure (TTO or TPLO)
- A strong desire to practice quality veterinary medicine
- Dedicated to excellent patient care
- Dedicated to excellent client service
This is an exciting clinic to work in and the successful candidate can expect to enjoy:
- Working in a modern and well equipped hospital with computed radiography, quality ultrasound, Idexx and much more
- Working with a group of 50 motivated veterinarians with a wide scope of special interests practiced including surgery, oncology, ophthalmology and ultrasonography
- A fantastic nursing and support team trained to a high standard who play an integral role in the veterinary health care team and they love what they do
- Compliant clientele, and an excellent support and communications network
- Professional development as a focus in an environment committed to continuing education. We also hold regular team and clinical discussion meetings
For more information regarding the position available please contact Julie Bellamy on +61 8 9404 1111 during office hours for a confidential discussion. Alternatively please click on the APPLY Now button to register your interest. All applications will be treated in confidence.
Overseas applicants from countries and/or Universities with qualifications recognised by the Australasian Veterinary Boards Council Inc are welcome to apply as we are Pre-Approved Sponsors for overseas applicants.
To apply or express your interest for this position with the Vetwest team, visit our online portal or click on the apply here button.