Vetwest Animal Hospitals are inviting applications from experienced and motivated individuals, looking to take their career to the next level in a highly rewarding role as Practice Team Leader at one of our fully equipped, metropolitan veterinary hospitals.
Our aim is to be the first choice in veterinary care for Western Australian pet families through the provision of high quality, compassionate patient care and excellence in customer service. This role represents an exciting opportunity for career progression and development in a strongly client focused environment.
About the position
The Practice Team Leader is responsible for providing an exceptional standard of customer service and patient care and ensuring that practice standards are maintained and continually improved. They take pride and ownership in their work and accept responsibility for the team, the practice and their performance.
In addition to providing a high level of customer service and veterinary nursing, the Practice Team Leader is responsible for:
- Ensuring the smooth day to day running of the practice
- The co-ordination of all practice administrative tasks (including rosters, stock control and facilities management)
- Planning and conducting weekly team meetings including targeted training topics
- Planning and conducting fortnightly meetings with the veterinary team to discuss and ensure the ongoing smooth and efficient running of the practice
- Performance management, review and development of the nursing and reception team
- The implementation and co-ordination of staff training programs
- Liaising with management to ensure the financial goals of the practice are met
This is a busy and diverse role that requires a dedicated and flexible approach to ensure that the team and practice are able to perform at their best.
We are seeking a highly skilled and self motivated individual with a passion for customer service and team development to provide leadership, direction and motivation to a skilled team of veterinarians and nurses.
The successful applicant will ideally be a qualified and experienced veterinary nurse with proven supervisory or management experience. This is not essential however and applications from individuals possessing the desired personal qualities and motivation to provide exceptional leadership in a busy veterinary practice will also be considered.
To succeed in this busy and diverse role, applicants must possess:
- Strong leadership, motivational and team management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multitask
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Initiative and innovative problem solving abilities
- Computer literacy, including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
Applicants should recognise the importance of managing and maintaining effective team relationships and support. A dedication to staff training and a desire to embrace our company ideals and objectives is essential.
Remuneration: Annual salary starting from $60,000 plus superannuation.
At Vetwest Animal Hospitals, our philosophy is to provide compassionate and high quality veterinary care for all pets, and to reinvest in our hospitals in order to expand the range of diagnostic and treatment facilities available. We recognise the importance of preventative medicine and as such we emphasise client education and support. Our company is strongly client focused, we are progressive and professional and aim to be at the forefront of our industry in every way.
Our hospitals are modern, purpose built and fully-equipped, and provide a great working environment which is busy, stimulating and well managed, allowing you to fulfill your potential every day.
For more information about a career at Vetwest visit Working at Vetwest.
If you are a team oriented and self motivated individual who would like the opportunity to work in this high quality practice, submit your application by clicking on the Apply here button. Please remember to add your resume and a cover letter addressing the position criteria.