You can play an important role in the healthcare of your pet by being on the lookout for changes in behaviour and appearance. Make sure you groom your pet weekly and check for any sores, lumps and smells. If you notice any changes, please contact our friendly healthcare team for further advice. Early detection can play a critical role in the continued health and wellbeing of your senior pet.
Here are a few things you can do immediately:
- Switch to a specifically formulated premium diet for seniors.
- Keep your pet's teeth clean, by following the home cleaning instructions your vet has given you.
- Provide moderate exercise. This will help with weight control and keep muscles toned.
- Maintain a familiar routine and environment to minimise stress.
- Make some simple changes to your home - read more about things you can do at home for your senior pet