Quick action by the owners of Rhodesian Ridgeback, Thor, paid off last month. Thor was wandering around a work yard when he received a nasty surprise from a snake. Unaware of the incident, Thor's owners brought him into see us after noticing that he was wobbly on his feet and disorientated. A urine test confirmed that he had been bitten by a dugite and a course of antivenom and intravenous fluids enabled Thor to make a full recovery.
The most important thing to remember is if you suspect your pet has been bitten, see your veterinarian immediately.