The new Cat Act 2011 took effect from the 1st of November 2013. While research undertaken by the Government of Western Australia indicates that legislation will not resolve all problems associated with cats, it provides the mechanism to:
- Encourage responsible cat ownership,
- Reduce the number of unwanted cats being bred,
- Allow for cats found in a public place or on private property to be seized, and
- Assist with reuniting of lost cats with their owners.
To be compliant with the new cat laws, all cat owners must ensure their cat is:
- Sterilised and
- Registered with the local council
Click here to find out more about the legislation here. You may also contact us if you have any questions. Select the links below to learn more about microchipping and sterilisation your cat.